- This event has passed.
Free webinar: CEFACT Reference Data Models – Data Modelling with reuse of ready-to-use building blocks
29. October 2021 @ 13:00 – 13:50 CEST
The UN/CEFACT Reference Data Models are a semantic electronic tool that bridges two domains within the International Supply Chain, namely the Transport and Logistics domain and the Supply Chain and Procurement domain. It provides a unifying framework by consolidating the constituent data models of these two domains by addressing any overlaps between the concepts used in their different contexts.
Hands on customisation and reuse of UN/CEFACT Reference Data Models (RDMs)
The RDMs share the same base of components from the UN Core Component Library (UN CCL), which are interlinked but applied differently due to varying context and semantics between international sales and transport contracts, information exchanges and business practices.
The webinar will provide an opportunity to get to know the different core component objects of the RDMs and receive comprehensive information on the concept, methodology and benefits of the RDMs. After this first theoretical part, GEFEG.FX will be used for showing the distribution of the RDMs objects and practical work on how to reuse them for your supply chain data exchange implementations. Based on an example, creating your own company’s/organisation’s implementation guidelines based on the RDMs in the distribution repository.
Topics of our webinar on CEFACT Reference Data Models – Data Modelling with reuse of ready-to-use building blocks
In this webinar you will learn how to …
- Reuse the GEFEG.FX UN/CEFACT global reference data models distribution data to design customised data exchanges with cross-border supply chain business partners
- Contextualize and restrict your usages of the reference data models
- Incorporate customer/user specific data requirements and business context
- Generate XML schemas for data exchange implementation following the UNCEFACT Core Component Technical Specifications (CCTS) Naming and Design Rules
- Create and generate human-readable documentation with templates
Any questions about the webinar and/or input on other webinar topics? We are looking forward to your email.
Who should participate?
International Supply Chain actors who need to plan and implement data exchanges with commercial partners and cross-border authorities based on UNCEFACT Reference Data Models benefitting from the unique customisation functionalities provided by GEFEG.FX.
What should you already know?
General knowledge about data modelling. UN/CEFACT standards and publications.
Approx. 60 minutes
+ Google Map