- This event has passed.
Develop your EDI specifications efficiently with GEFEG.FX software for an easy-to-maintain EDI implementation
Classic EDI with GEFEG.FX
20. October 2021 @ 09:00 – 17:00 CEST
Many companies that use structured data for electronic exchange still frequently rely on Classic EDI and thus on EDI standards such as UN/EDIFACT, GS1 EANCOM or the VDA recommendations. If you decide to implement Classic EDI with GEFEG.FX software, you will be using powerful and innovative software for preparing EDI applications based on Classic EDI, but also XML-based standards.
With the course “Classic EDI with GEFEG.FX” we train you to develop, document and maintain your own EDI specifications for electronic data exchange with GEFEG.FX based on classic EDI standards, flat file formats or in-house standards. In addition, you will learn how
- to use GEFEG.FX to check EDI guides and in-house formats
- to produce and check test data and
- to create mappings, e.g. between SAP IDoc and an ORDERS Guideline.
During the training you will immediately apply what you have learned with practical exercises using the example of an EDIFACT-ORDERS. Of course we will also give you tips from our daily work with EDI specifications.
Topics of the Classic EDI with GEFEG.FX training
- Introduction to the GEFEG.FX software: overview and functions, import and export options, data management and version management
- EDI Standards in GEFEG.FX: Development of proprietary EDI standards
- EDI Standards in GEFEG.FX: Reuse of existing EDI standards
- Developing guidelines: Develop EDI guide, principles and approach
- Generate human readable documentation: Documentation principle, templates
- Test data: Checking of EDIFACT text messages, error log, business rules for checking semantics
- Mapping: Mapping project with two EDI format, mapping Templates
Any questions about the webinar and/or input on other webinar topics? We are looking forward to your email.
After attending the course, participants will know how to develop guidelines based on classic EDI standards, how to check test data against guidelines, and how to generate human-readable documentation. You will be independently capable to build a flat file format. The participants have learned how to represent content relationships between data fields in a mapping and how to generate them as a report.
Who should attend?
Users who want to create EDI specifications with GEFEG.FX, specify them and output them as human-readable documentation. The course is intended for users who are new to the software and for users who want to update their knowledge of the classic EDI functions of GEFEG.FX and supplement it with practical tips.
What should you already know?
Knowledge of an EDIFACT-based standard or participation in the course Data Formats in the EDI Environment
How much time will the training take?
4x 3 hours
When will the training take place?
20 October 2021, 9:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 17:00
21 October 2021, 9:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 17:00
This training will also be held in German.
By clicking on the registration button you will be redirected to the GoToWebinar site of LogMeIn, Inc.